Resources for Small Business
- Covid-19 Comprehensive Resource Summary Guide
- Covid-19 Business Survey
- NMB Water Reminds Businesses to Flush Internal Plumbing Systems Prior to Re-openings
Governor Ron DeSantis has activated the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The bridge loan program will provide short-term, interest-free loans to small businesses that experienced economic injury from COVID-19.
Small business owners with two to 100 employees located in Florida affected by COVID-19 can apply for short-term loans up to $50,000. These loans are interest-free for up to one year and are designed to bridge the gap to either federal SBA loans or commercially available loans.
Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
What guidelines should small business owners follow to keep themselves and their employees healthy and safe? What resources are available to gain access to capital? The U.S. Small Business Administration has produced this comprehensive guide to both.
Business Damage Assessment Survey:
The Business Damage Assessment Survey is a critical piece of DEO’s efforts to help gather the information needed to evaluate and access tools to help businesses potentially lessen the impacts of COVID-19 and help the economy recover. To submit a survey response, please visit FloridaDisaster.biz.
Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program:
The Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works with the Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network and Florida First Capital Finance Corporation to provide cash flow to businesses economically impacted by COVID-19. Currently, $50 million has been allocated for the program. The application period opened March 17, 2020, and runs through May 8, 2020. Visit FloridaDisaster.biz to learn more.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loan:
The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue businesses may be experiencing. For more information, visit FloridaDisaster.biz.Covid-19 Comprehensive Resource Summary Guide
For coronavirus updates and the latest information, visit:
- Economic Impact Payments
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Florida Department of Health
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Miami-Dade County Government
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the U.K. National Health Service (NHS), and others. https://www.abm.com/covid-19/
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) https://www.miamidade.gov/global/housing/emergency-rental-assistance-program.page
- The City of North Miami Beach has opened a COVID-19 Hotline to provide information & answer resident questions/concerns. Available from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 305-948-2990 Monday through Friday.
- State health officials ask anyone who believes they may have been exposed to COVID-19, to call their office at 305-470-5660 before visiting a medical office or healthcare facility.
- Health and wellness meeting programs via Baptist Health South Florida
Visit the link for easy access of all of the executive orders sent out by the Governor to date: https://www.flgov.com/2020-executive-orders/
Visit the link for easy access of all of the emergency orders sent out by Miami-Dade County https://www.miamidade.gov