American Rescue Plan
These are our upcoming community assistance programs available to NMB residents:
- The Economic Development Department is launching a new program to assist business owners who need funds to continue growing their business. From marketing to technology, apply to receive up to $5,000! These grants are meant to empower you as a business owner and help you reach your full potential in our community. To apply for a business grant, residents must meet the following criteria:
- The business owner must demonstrate an “Active” status in the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations.
- The business owner or an authorized representative of the corporation who has legal authority to bind the organization in a contract with the City of North Miami Beach must sign application.
- Submission of an application shall constitute acknowledgement and acceptance of all terms and conditions contained in the guidelines and the application. Acceptance of this application does not constitute a contract and does not obligate the City to award funds.
- Payments will be made directly to the business.
- Cannot have more than ten (10) employees that are low and moderate income.
- Must not be part of a national chain or franchise or have city liens or code violations.
- Business must be a for-profit entity operating within North Miami Beach for the last 2 years (minimum).
- Provide company’s Certificate of Incorporation, Most Recent Business Income Tax Return, Current Lease agreement or deed to the property, City of North Miami Beach Business Tax Receipt and Certificate of Use.
Mortgage & Rental Assistance:
- This program benefits the residents who reside in North Miami Beach by preventing foreclosures or eviction and keeping both tenants and homeowners in their homes. This type of funding assists individuals who are behind on their payments or have difficulty remaining current. This program will also seek to assist residents who want to buy a home in North Miami Beach, currently have a homestead in North Miami Beach and is not an investor.
Job Training Programs/Certificates:
- To provide much-needed job training for our residents, the City will partner with local colleges to enroll residents into professional certificate programs. Programs include Digital Marketing Specialist and Certified Nursing Assistant certificates offered at Miami-Dade College. These certifications will allow our residents to secure high-paying jobs and even start their businesses or join an agency to start work right away. The City will cover the cost of tuition for these job training programs.
- This program will allow approved homeowners to receive funding to replace windows, doors and roofs to make the homes energy efficient and sustainable. Retrofitting these homes with quality resources will allow the windows, doors and, roofs to last longer and allow the home to be more efficient with energy.
Immigration Services for Residents:
- This program provides immigration legal services to individuals unable to retain the services of an attorney to handle their cases due to economic hardship.