2022 Application Guideline
Nonrecurring scholarships will be disbursed only to applicants who are North Miami Beach residents. The scholarships are awarded to the best applicants fitting the required criteria. Applicants must demonstrate financial need for assistance in paying tuition of the college or university.
The Scholarship (up to $2,000.00) may cover tuition and fees and educational expenses up to the cost of attendance for college or a university. Applicants must state if they are seeking and/or have been granted awards from other organizations.
Scholarships are disbursed in two different installments, and payment on the student’s behalf is made to the college or university at which the student is enrolled. The second disbursement is contingent upon students earning a C or better grade for classes taken in the first semester/term. Thus, students must always demonstrate a strong commitment to learning and education in a field of choice to pursue one of the following degrees:
- Associate in Art (AA)
- Associate In Science (AS)
- Bachelor in Art (BA)
- Bachelor in Science (BS)
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be 17 years old or older, be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and a North Miami Beach resident and secondary school graduate, or a college student with a standard high school diploma within the past two years.
- Earn a GPA of 2.5 or better from high school, or letter grade of "C" or better in college classes taken as a full-time student
- The applicant must demonstrate a need for assistance in paying tuition of the college or university they are attending after taking into account the other financial assistance available to such person.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, including community and junior colleges, located within the United States.
- The applicant must be a “Full Time Student”, receiving credit for, at least 12 accredited college credit hours per semester, or equivalent in quarter hours, and in good standing.
- The applicant must demonstrate commitment to the community in a written essay.
- At least one letter of recommendation from an employer, school counselor, longtime friend, or City of North Miami Beach resident who knows you well. A second letter of recommendation is not required but is strongly encouraged.
Important Guidelines and Submission Information
Please read our INFORMATION SHEET carefully
- Make sure references/recommendations are valid and signed
- Make sure you complete this application fully with all the information requested
- Make sure you give full and current contact details, including an e-mail address
- Incomplete application forms without proper and full contact details will be disqualified
- Application must be received by the City of North Miami Beach no later than deadline indicated