The Financial Administration Division:
- Provides financial management advice and policy support to the City Manager.
- Monitors spending and ensures the appropriate use of City funds.
- Develops, analyzes and presents information about City finances to management, the public, bond rating agencies, and other interested parties.
- Coordinates financial activities between the City and other entities as needed.
- Implements the City's financing strategies with assistance from the City's financial advisers, underwriters and bond counsel.
- Works closely with the City Manager and other Department Directors on annual budget preparation, budget compliance and production of the adopted budget document.
- Provides information to the independent audit firm for completion of the annual audit
- Prepares Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports, Quarterly Financial Analyses,and Continuing Disclosure Reports as required.
- Manages the City's surplus funds with the assistance of the City's investment manager.