- About Us
- Administrative Division
- Community Services
The Crime Prevention Unit works in concert with the Community Policing and Code Enforcement Units to improve the quality of life for all residents of North Miami Beach by using a proactive team approached to timely and innovative interventions in community problems. This team effort analyzes problems from several perspectives, and identifies, addresses and resolves the root causes of community problems and concerns, in concert with various citizen and business groups and other community representatives.
The goals of this collaborative effort are to:
- To promote safety, and foster harmony, vitality and community development.
- To increase access to information and community resources through advocacy, empowerment and education.
- To be the catalyst for positive change through persistent, personalized and cost effective use of public safety resources.
- To promote community, government and police partnerships; proactive problem solving; and community engagement to address the causes of crime, fear of crime and other community quality of life issues.
- To empower citizens through crime prevention education, and promote an environment in which people act individually and collectively to prevent crime and build safer communities.
The Crime Prevention Unit also works closely with the Media Relations Unit is to keep the public informed about the many services and programs that the Police Department offers to the public. For more information on what the Crime Prevention Unit offers, please visit the Crime Prevention Section.
Jose AssaelCaptain -Operations DivisionPhone: 305-949-5500
John PhilomeCommander - Crime PreventionPhone: 305-948-2955
Community Emergency Response Team
Check out a list of questions concerning the Community Emergency Response Team. Also fill out a form for interested volunteers.
Effective community policing has a positive impact on reducing neighborhood crime, helping to reduce fear of crime and enhancing the quality of life in the community.
The Mission of the North Miami Beach Police Departments Crime Prevention Unit is to improve the quality of life in our community by reducing fear, preventing crime and enforcing the law while protecting each individual's freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.
False Alarm Enforcement
The purpose of this alarm ordinance is to inform alarm users regarding their responsibilities, to provide alarm system education and training where necessary, and to decrease the number of false alarms responded to by the North Miami Beach Police Department.
The Homeland Security Section works with regional partners and national agencies to keep our community safe from international and domestic terrorism.
The Volunteer Services Section is attached to the Community Services Division and offers a variety of programs to both adults and young people.