Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
Art in Public Places
The North Miami Beach Community Redevelopment Agency has created an Art in Public Places Program designed to provide grant funding to muralists to beautify and revitalize the Redevelopment Area, develop a sense of place, deter graffiti, and provide opportunities for artistic expression. Public art is a catalyst for economic development, showing that a community is thriving economically and encouraging other investment. Mural programs increase leasing, visibility, foot traffic, and publicity.
The City Commission improved the Redevelopment Area in January 2018 by modifying the zoning districts to welcome microbreweries, microdistilleries, and microwineries. In doing so, North Miami Beach created Florida's 1'st Brewery District.
- Brewery District Attraction Program - Guidelines
- Brewery District Grant Application - (coming soon!)
The CRA is offering three grant incentive packages:
- Wastewater Impact and Connection Fee Assistance Program and Application Opens a New Window.
- Commercial Improvement Grant Match Opens in New Window
- Direct Financial Assistance Program
Property Assessed Clean Energy
View CRA's annual independent audit, which is found within the City's annual independent audit. The CRA fiscal year starts on October 1st and ends on September 30th of the following calendar year.
General CRA Information
- Is a dependent special district and was established under Chapter 163, Part III, of the Florida Statutes. Special district information is found under Chapter 189.
- Was created by City of North Miami Beach resolution R2004-86 on 21 December 2004 and Miami-Dade County resolution R-1345-04 on 30 November 2004.
- Is funded through Tax Increment Financing. The CRA is not a taxing authority. The CRA receives its annual funding from the City and the County. The CRA is required to use the funding to improve or incentivize improvements solely the Redevelopment Area.