Parks & Recreation
We are committed to providing excellent customer service, recreational opportunities and beautiful parks and facilities that enhance the quality of life, to all who live, work and play in our diverse, vibrant and historic community.
- Provide beautiful, vibrant and dynamic parks and facilities
- Provide safe quality recreational opportunities for all ages
- Maintain a highly skilled and trained workforce
- Work as a team with One Vision, One Mission and as One City
- Maintain Parks & Recreation as a world-class department
- Conduct business with honesty, integrity and dedication
- Serve with respect and dignity
- Work together as a team of well trained professionals
- Make a positive difference with a can-do attitude
In addition to passive parks, open spaces, and tot lots, the department manages three swimming pools, five community centers, the Arthur I. Snyder Tennis Complex, summer camps and after-school programs, and the Marjorie and William McDonald Center, a multi-purpose facility.
Afterschool and Camp Programs
The Parks and Recreation’s Afterschool and Camp Programs are funded in part by The Children’s Trust. The Children’s Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.
Los Programas Después de la Escuela y el Campamento de Parques y Recreación está financiado por The Children’s Trust. The Children’s Trust es una fuente de financiación, creada por los votantes en referéndum para mejorar la vida de los niños y las familias en Miami-Dade.
Se Children’s Trust ki finanse Parks and Recreation’s Afterschool and Camp Programs. Children’s Trust se yon sous finansman elektè Miyami-Dade te kreye nan yon referandòm. Finansman sa a dedye pou pwogram k’ap amelyore lavi ti moun ak fanmi yo.
The department recognizes the importance of cultural enrichment in the lives of all citizens by providing festivals, musicals, concerts, and special performances in our 931-seat, state-of-the-art, Julius Littman Performing Arts Theater.
Other presentations and special events are offered at the Senator Gwen Margolis Amphitheater, an open-air facility behind our library, with grassy sloping knolls that seat 1,000.