Planning & Zoning Board
- Generally the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
- City Hall Commission Chambers: 17011 NE 19th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Please check the City's Calendar below and on the right side of this page for further details and for any date changes or cancellations.
The Planning and Zoning Board was established under the provisions of Ordinance 79-20, and is comprised of seven (7) members, each serving two year terms.
- Julian Kreisberg, Vice Chair
- Joseph Litowich
- Norman Edwards
- Larry Thompson
- Marc St. Vil
- Larry Shinbaum
- Donard St. Jean
- Governed by the Zoning and Land Development Code and the Comprehensive Plan
- Acts in the statutory capacity of Local Planning Agency
- The Board shall review and make advisory recommendations to the City Commission on all applications for the following:
- Conditional uses;
- Plats of subdivisions;
- Changes to the Comprehensive Plan;
- Changes to the Zoning and Land Development Code;
- Site plan;
- Special Limited Conditional use.
Variances may be allowed, by the affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the members present (must be a quorum), for the purpose of preventing hardship or inequities not self-imposed, or for the purpose of preserving the constitutional rights of the applicant, subject to the approval of the City Commission. On all other matters, a majority vote is required.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
For more information on this Committee or to apply for membership, please contact the City Clerk's office at 305-787-6001. View the Application for Municipal Appointment to a Board, Committee, or Commission (PDF) here.