Planning & Zoning Board
- Generally the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
- City Hall Commission Chambers: 17011 NE 19th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Please check the City's Calendar below and on the right side of this page for further details and for any date changes or cancellations.
The Planning and Zoning Board was established under the provisions of Ordinance 843, 79-20, 12-28, 17-4 on May 6,1958 to act as an advisory body to the City Manager, the Mayor and the Commissioners.
- Governed by the Zoning and Land Development Code and the Comprehensive Plan
- Acts in the statutory capacity of Local Planning Agency
- The Board shall review and make advisory recommendations to the City Commission on all applications for the following:
- Conditional uses;
- Plats of subdivisions;
- Changes to the Comprehensive Plan;
- Changes to the Zoning and Land Development Code;
- Site plan;
- Special Limited Conditional use.
The Planning and Zoning Board is comprised of seven (7) members, each serving two year terms. Members of the Planning and Zoning Board shall have a license in engineering or contracting, or have equivalent professional experience in the area(s) of city planning, land use planning, transportation planning, urban planning, community development, real estate, mixed-use development, statistics, public economics, construction management, general contracting, architecture, or a law degree.
- Larry Thompson, Chair
- Joseph Litowich
- Larry Shinbaum
- Donard St. Jean
Variances may be allowed, by the affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the members present (must be a quorum), for the purpose of preventing hardship or inequities not self-imposed, or for the purpose of preserving the constitutional rights of the applicant, subject to the approval of the City Commission. On all other matters, a majority vote is required.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes