The Public Works Department takes pride in providing essential services to approximately 43,500 City residents through the use of applied best management practices and modern technology. We take into consideration the well being and quality of life of our residents and strive to ensure environmental protection through efficient and cost-effective project management. The Public Works Department is responsible for:
- Maintenance of Streets, Roadways and Alleys
- Maintenance of all Public Right of Ways and all Public Facilities
- Management of Citywide Beautification projects
- Storm Water, Sewer and Drainage Maintenance
- Management of all Citywide Capital Improvement Projects
Public Works Permitting Hours of Operation:
- The Public Works Department receives Engineering Right-of-Way permit applications at the Engineering counter Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. This will also include customers wishing to sign out plans to address comments, to sign in corrected plans, or to pick up & pay for permits.
- Packages dropped off by any courier or mailing service may be left at the engineering counter drop box located on the first floor.
- Note that the Engineering Plan reviewer, Chidi Tobias, CE is on-site daily, and can be reached at 305-354-4139 or via email.
- Please feel free to contact Charlene Bernard via email or call 305-947-7581 in the Public Works Department if you have any questions or need assistance with all right of way permitting.
Tree Removal/Installation on ROW Permitting:
The City of North Miami Beach is dedicated to the protection and maintenance of its citywide tree canopy and landscaping. Trees improve our air quality and enhance the beauty of our neighborhoods. Therefore, it is imperative that we work together as a community to protect and preserve our trees. In an effort to manage our tree canopy inventory and preserve our landscape, the Public Works department has implemented the following tree removal/installation permit procedures for street trees on City swales or public right of way areas:
- Access our required Tree removal/installation permit application here.
- View the Tree removal/installation fee schedule here.
- Tree protection during construction standards can be found here
- Tree Trimming and pruning standards can be found here (A tree removal/relocation permit is not required for selective, proper trimming of trees)