The Communications Unit serves the City of North Miami Beach by processing both emergency and non-emergency service calls for police. Calls for fire and rescue are routed to the Miami-Dade County Fire Department. The center employs highly trained communications professionals who use the latest technology to dispatch and track responding units. Service is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- For emergencies: dial 9-1-1.
- For non-emergency service: call (305) 949-5500 or (305) 949-5599.
Some of the latest technology includes:
- P25 Radio System
- Central Square Public Safety ONESolution Computer Aided Dispatch System
- Mapping through Central Square ONESolution Computer Aided Dispatch System
- Central Square Public Sector ONESolution Records Management System
- Vigilant Solutions Target Alert Service License Plate Reader
- 3SI Security Systems Tracking Tool
- Xybix Acoustical Ergonomic Furniture
Reassurance Program for Seniors
One popular program under the control of the Communications section is our Reassurance Program. This program consists of seniors living alone who call our Communications staff every morning before 11 a.m. to advise our staff of their well-being. If Communications does not receive a call from any of the members of the program by 11 a.m., Communications staff will call the member's home and their back-up contact person. If those attempts to check on the welfare of the member are unsuccessful, a police officer is dispatched to their home. In many cases, people who have fallen have been helped and lives have been saved by this program. During the holidays, our police officers visit each member of the program to deliver a small holiday gift.