Today, it’s easier than ever to adopt beneficial recycling habits in your home. The curbside recycling program uses convenient "single-stream" recycling, which means that you will no longer have to separate your recyclable materials. Every household receives one 65-gallon wheeled cart where you can place all of your recyclable materials together. Your recyclables are collected every Wednesday.
Apartments & Condos
Please contact Waste Management at 786-450-5699.
Recycling materials should be placed all together into the blue recycling bin and wheeled out to the curb on Wednesdays. You risk missing your pick-up if you do not place your container out for collection by 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day. The container will not be emptied if it is not outside by the specified time and placed properly at the edge of the street with the handle facing your home. Do not place your container out any earlier than 6 p.m. on the day before pick-up. Your container should be moved back to your property by 7 p.m. on your pick-up day.
Single Stream Recycling
Today recycling is single stream recycling. All recyclable items go into one bin and the sorting is done at the recycling plant. Gone are the days of separating items into different bins. There is no longer a need to spend hours trying to remove labels and sorting items by type.
Sure, you still should rinse out a container before placing it into the recycling bin, but that doesn’t mean you have to sanitize it in the process. Just a quick rinse—to keep the odor away—will do.
With advancements in the recycling process, today you can recycle more than you ever imagined possible:
- Aseptic Containers - polycoated drink boxes, juice cartons, milk cartons
- Cardboard -packing boxes, cereal boxes, gift boxes, corrugated cardboard; flatten all boxes prior to placing them in your cart
- Glass - glass food and beverage containers (clear, brown and green)
- Metals - aluminum and steel food and beverage containers
- Paper Products -newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, printer paper, copier paper, mail, all other officer paper without wax liners
- Plastic Containers (narrow necks only) - bottles (without caps or lids), milk, water, detergent and shampoo containers (without caps) *Only narrow neck plastic containers with the triangle label symbol number Number 1, Number 2, Number 3, Number 4, Number 5, Number 6, Number 7 can be recycled at this time. You'll find these numbers on the base of the container.
Items Not Allowed
- Batteries - dry cell batteries, lead acid batteries
- Certain glass products - window or auto glass, incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs, mirrors, glass cookware or bake ware, ceramics
- Electronic waste and accessories - PCs, monitors, televisions, printer cartridges, keyboards, cell phones, CDs and DVDs
- Empty propane or oxygen tanks
- Garbage or other non-recyclable waste - cylinders, tanks, rocks, dirt, building debris, flammables
- Home chemicals - paints, pesticides
- Medical waste and pharmaceuticals
- Other non-recyclables - coat hangers, small appliances, microwave trays
- Plastic bags, Styrofoam
About the Residential Curbside Recycling Program
The curbside recycling program uses convenient "single-stream" recycling, which means that you'll no longer have to separate your recyclable materials. Every household receives one 65-gallon wheeled cart where you can place all of your recyclable materials together for every-other-week recycling. Your recyclables are collected every week on one of your garbage collection days.
Just roll your recycling cart out to the curbside by 7 a.m. on your recycling day. Place your recycling cart within three feet of the street and at least five feet from mailboxes, parked cars or other obstacles. The wheels must face your home.
If you use a Miami-Dade recycling bin or other automated cart for garbage collection, be sure to leave at least five feet between the two carts. After collection, return your recycling cart to its storage place. The biggest advantages of our single-stream program are that you don't have to separate your recyclables and you can now recycle more types of paper products. Recycling has never been easier.
- Please keep your blue recycling cart at least five feet from mailboxes, other carts and obstacles.
- Make sure all recyclable material fits inside the blue recycling cart and the lid closes completely.
- Do not place your recyclables inside plastic bags. Plastic bags damage the equipment at the recycling facility.
- Please do not stack items on top of or alongside your recycling cart. They can't and won't be collected.
- Do not use the recycling cart for rocks, dirt, tile, construction and demolition debris, free-flowing liquids, flammables, automobile batteries, propane tanks or other home chemical waste.
- Smaller 35- and larger 96-gallon recycling carts are available. Additional carts can be purchased for a fee. For more information on the cost or to obtain an additional cart form, call 786-450-5699.
- If your recycling cart is stolen, call the police department (non-emergency number) and obtain a case number. Then contact 786-450-5699 with the police case number.
- If your cart it damaged call 786-450-5699 and you can request your cart be replaced, free of charge.
- If your cart is damaged because of misuse, modification or placement of unacceptable materials, you will be responsible for purchasing a replacement cart.
- If you are disabled or need assistance moving your recycling cart to the curb, you can apply for special assistance recycling service by contacting the Waste Management NMB Customer Service telephone number 786-450-5699.
Please no plastic bags of any type - plastic bags jam the recycling equipment and are not accepted!