NMB Water is a member of Florida Sunshine One Call System. Before starting any underground excavation, Sunshine 811 must be called at 811 or 1-800-432-4770. Sunshine then calls all utilities to mark their underground utilities. The Engineering Division has locators who respond to all requests to prevent damage to our buried water and wastewater lines.
Call Before Your Dig!!
Sunshine 811 is Florida's one-call center charged with helping prevent damages to underground utilities. To do this, it educates excavators on calling 811 and answers that call so utility companies know about your digging project. For the excavator, calling 811 helps prevent hefty fines and repair costs due to utility service outages, injuries, environmental contamination, and property damage.
Sunshine 811 is a not-for-profit corporation that began with the 1993 adoption of the "Underground Facility Damage Prevention and Safety Act," Chapter 556, Florida Statutes. Underground utility owners and operators are required by this law to be members of Sunshine 811. Member underground utility owners and operators fund its operation.
Dial 811 or call 1-800-432-4770 to schedule an appointment, which must be made 2 days in advance. Find more information and enter your request online.
Remember the Process
- Notify your local one call center by calling 811 or making an online request 2 to 3 days before work begins.
- Wait the required amount of time for affected utility operators to respond to your request.
- Confirm that all affected utility operators have responded to your request and marked underground utilities.
- Respect the marks. Dig carefully around the marks with care.
Advance Notice Needed
You need to notify the one call center of your intent to dig 2 full days before beginning work.
Marks Valid For
The facility marks (paint, flags, stakes, etc.) are valid for 30 calendar days according to state law or practice.
Color Paint Used to Mark Utilities
- Red: Electricity
- Blue: Water
- Green: Sewer/storm water
- Yellow: Natural Gas
- Orange: Telephone and cable TV
- Pink: Survey
- Purple: Non-potable water