Can I apply for a variance?

Variances from restrictions that may allow you to change your watering days and/or times can be applied for through the South Florida Water Management District. The application form and instructions are available at South Florida Water Management District. Applications will be reviewed by South Florida Water Management District staff, and approval or denial is based on criteria listed in the Water Shortage Plan Rule. Water restrictions must be observed while a variance application is under consideration. For more information call 800-662-8876.

Show All Answers

1. Does water that comes from private wells, canals, lakes or pands fall under the current water restrictions?
2. Are water restrictions mandatory?
3. Can I wash my car or boat?
4. What about hand-watering my with a hose or watering can?
5. What about drip, bubble and micro-jet irrigation systems?
6. When can I repair my irrigation system?
7. Who should I contact if I see water restriction violators?
8. Can I apply for a variance?