Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Department of Human Resources' general office hours are from Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding legal holidays.
Show All Answers
You are eligible for benefits on the 1st of the month following 60 days of continuous employment.
The City offers a full employee benefit package including retirement, health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage.
Applications should be submitted for each position being applied for.
A background check is administered prior to hiring. A decision to hire will be made by the department of Human Resources based on the position to be filled, the charge and the date of incident.
Visit the City’s job board by clicking here.
You must submit a completed City of North Miami Beach employment application through our online career page by clicking here.
No, for most classifications, you do not have to be a City resident to apply for employment. The City is interested in providing the best services possible to its citizens so non-city residents are certainly not barred for employment consideration. However, after the screening and selection process is completed, should a City of North Miami Beach resident and a non-City of North Miami Beach resident be found to be equally qualified, the City of North Miami Beach resident will be given employment preference.
In order to establish bona fide residence, the applicant, examinee and/or employee must submit the following documentation:
Picture ID- Present one (1) unexpired form of picture identification from the following categories:
(1) State of Florida Driver’s License or Florida ID Card issued by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV);
(2) U.S. Passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Alien Registration Card ("Green Card"); or
(3) Passport issued by a foreign government AND a valid U.S. Visa.
Proof of Residence:
Present two (2) of the following documents, which must demonstrate continuous residency in the City for one (1) year:
(1) Lease rental agreement (properly executed by both parties), and a notarized Letter from the Lessor/Landlord confirming that the Lessee/Renter has continuously resided at the address provided for one (1) year;
(2) A mortgage statement at the address provided (verification of continuous ownership for one year via statements for the prior twelve (12) months, or current statement plus letter of the Mortgagee confirming mortgage on the property for one (1) year);
(3) Any current utility bill with service at address provided (verification of twelve (12) consecutive months of bills at any address located in the North Miami Beach);
(4) Property Tax Bill of address provided (verification of continuous ownership for one year); or
(5) Voter’s Registration Card (registration date will be verified).
Any exaggerated or false statement(s) or omission of requested information may be cause for your application to be rejected. Or, if you have been employed, may be cause for your termination.
The City of North Miami Beach offers the following options in the field of law enforcement:
Note: The requirements are listed on the announcement when recruitment begins.
In accordance with Florida Statute 295, the City of North Miami Beach will award United States military veterans who meet the criteria stipulated in the aforementioned statute preference in employment. All applicants seeking veteran's preference are required to present a legible Form DD-214 in order to qualify. Applicants claiming disabled veteran's preference must also submit a letter from the Department of Defense or the Veteran's Administration that is less than one year old at the time of application which indicates that the applicant possesses a current, service-connected disability, and states the rating of same. Documents from the Veteran's Administration that reflect a permanent service-connected disability will be considered despite issue dates prior to one year. In addition to the Form DD-214, applicants who have been awarded combat campaign/expeditionary medals that are not reflected on the Form DD-214 must submit supplemental documents from the Department of Defense that demonstrate possession of a combat campaign / expeditionary medal by the closing date. All relevant documents must be submitted for the closing date in order to have preference awarded. For additional information concerning veterans' preference, please contact:The Florida Department of Veterans' AffairsBy phone at: (727) 319-7462By email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: http://www.floridavets.org
It depends on the extent of the volunteer/ internship duties and responsibilities.
Yes, based on The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the City will provide reasonable accommodation.
NOTE: Documentation may be required.
A drug test may be required for employment with the City of North Miami Beach depending on the job classification.
This number varies slightly, particularly during seasonal employment periods, such as the summer. On the average, however, the City employs approximately 500 employees (including full and part-timers).
Yes. Presently, the City of North Miami Beach has two labor unions.
Currently, the city generates a weekly payroll for all of its employees.